Independence is necessary – teach as early as possible to your child. Nevertheless, many parents go through ways of teaching self-sufficient children because of some reasons, one of them is the busyness of parents with work outside the home or dependence between the child and the parents until it is difficult for you to let go. Child behavior can be formed from the influence of the environment, while the largest environment of children is home. One of them is when some children are afraid of new things while the other part is actually trying full with bold even not uncommon to be sure. This is obviously one of the features of the comfort level in children who each have differences.
Is it true that this is one of the effects of child labor training? How to train children independently? Exercise independence can you train in early childhood. Especially when your child is 1 year old. You need to know every age your child has different understanding and capability when training self-reliance so you have to differentiate how to train according to your child’s age:
A. At the age of 1-year-old child
1. At the age of one year, the toddler cannot understand the daily routine. For example, drink milk, play, bathe, eat or sleep. So it is important for you to train the routine. For example, when going to take a bath you can take your child to take a towel before going to bath. Then you can let the toddler choose side dishes.
2. Train your child to drink from the glass and hold the glass himself. You can try it by giving a glass that is not easily broken.
3. At the age of your child, train to move from one place to another so as to support the interesting toddler with the surrounding environment. Great curiosity will help your child to exploit the environment and motor skills. As long as the environment is comfortable and safe then you do not have to ban it, pay attention and give supervision only.
B. At the age of 2 years
1. Now, children can already use the spoon so as to feed themselves. Although not perfect yet this ability can already help your child independently. Using a spoon and feeding yourself already using hand and eye coordination.
2. You can do toilet learning in children. For example by teaching to use the toilet with the help of your supervision.
3. Teach your child to wash his own face and hands even though at first it may wet his clothes but give them a chance to learn. Show the toddler how to open and close the faucet, wash face, use hand soap to use a small scoop.
4. Train your child to undress yourself, take off and use shoes.
5. You can show your child’s interests such as a bag or bottle of drink so that it can help store and carry it in the place where the equipment is stored.
C. At the age of 3 years
1. Give your child freedom to walk alone. Once in a while, you can give freedom to jump, hold or run. So that your child can try it without endangering his body.
2. At this age, your child is able to demonstrate abilities in the presence of others including carrying bags that contain groceries or make the bed. Allow your child to demonstrate ability and lead so responsibly.
3. Train your child to work together in doing the housework. One of them cleared the toys. Provide the best direction so you can work together.
4. Train your child’s skills such as scratching paper streaks, swinging yourself, shouting loudly or cycling. Give your child an opportunity to experience without worrying about danger as long as you watch him.